This was really fun. I started with some fabric from Riley Blake's Pirates. I used my GO cutter to make the hexagons---so easy! I fused them onto the quilt with Steam a Seam 2 and then hand stitched each one into place with embroidery thread. Then I embroidered the pirate images and stiched the map line.
At that point I thought maybe it was a bit boring, but after I quilted it, I really liked it. Stripey bindings are always a hit for me too. It was just fun to make it all up and incorperate different elements into it than I usually do. I NEVER thought I would be into hand stitching so much, but I'm really digging it.